like a Duke.)
To speak evil of; to slander.
188. Two Frisky Fillies. (Imagine them in a field or memorable enclosure.)
189. Two Frightened Boys. (Perhaps being chased by _188!)_
To lower in character, quality, or value.
To pick the bones out of—usually from
193. Whitebeam. A tree with long, silvery underleaves.
194. Dipper. (Imagine the Big Dipper star _constellation.)_
To corrupt or lead astray, from temperance or chastity.
(Imagine someone being dipped forcibly into water, as the medieval torture.)
(Imagine a stain or blood being 'dabbed off with cotton wool.)_
199. Depip. To take the pips out of (imagine a _pomegranate!)._
Sniffed or smelled out—often applied to hunting animals.
Was this article helpful?