• Modular Brainstorming 
1. Place a set of blank puzzle pieces on each table.
2. Tell the participants to mix up the puzzle pieces on their tables and divide them equally among the group members.
3. Have group members write one practical idea on the first piece, an unrelated word on the second piece, a practical idea on the third piece, an unrelated word on the fourth piece, and so on until all their pieces have been used.
4. Tell the group members to assemble the puzzle.
5. After they have finished, have them select two adjacent pieces and use the combination to spark ideas.
6. Tell them to write down their ideas on Post-it® Notes (one idea per note), select another two adjacent pieces, and continue this process until time is called (after about 20 or 30 minutes).
Was this article helpful?