Toxic Exposure

Memory loss and difficulty concentrating are among the most common effects of exposure to toxic chemicals—including lead, mercury, petroleum, and various chemical solvents—at home and in the workplace. Lead poisoning can result from inhaling lead dust from deteriorating paint in an old home or from drinking contaminated tap water. Some paints, dyes, and inks used in artwork contain mercury and solvents that are neurotoxic and can impair memory. Neurotoxic substances are also present in pesticides used in farming and home gardening; darkroom chemicals; and chemicals used in metalwork and woodwork. 91

0 0

Post a comment