1. Make a list of 10 people whom it would be helpful for you to know. Write each of them a letter congratulating them on something they have just done.
2. Select three people with whom you can form a business/career type of mastermind group. Invite them to meet with you weekly for breakfast or lunch.
3. Join at least one association that holds regular meetings in your community and begin attending every one. Volunteer to serve on one of the committees, and get involved.
4. Examine each of the people with whom you regularly associate, in business or socially. Are these the right people for you to have as members of your reference group?
5. Develop a personal development plan to prepare yourself to become the kind of person that you would like to meet and spend time with. Take control of your own future.
6. Take a Dale Carnegie course in public speaking, or join a chapter of Toastmasters International. Learn to speak on your feet.
7. Resist relationship entropy; keep in regular touch with the most important people in your personal and business life. Call or visit someone today.
Was this article helpful?