What can you accomplish when you imagine, affirm and feel that you can't? Images, words and feelings all are part of affirmations. Positively expressing that you can do something is a conscious stimulant to the upper cerebral brain regions. The more you stimulate and use the upper regions of your brain, the more neural interconnections are made and the more complete your overall brain usage.
Also, when you are emotionally out of balance, bacterial strains in your body grow more profusely, just like predatory insects attack an unhealthy plant more than a healthy plant! Remember the last time you caught a cold? Were you unhappy or depressed? Was there recently a loss of someone or something, or feelings of guilt just prior to catching it? Many bacteria live on the abundant waste substances produced by the thought processes of repressed emotions.
Research has shown that there is a rapid multiplication of streptococcus bacteria in the throat during emotional stress. Fear, worry and internal stress restrict the flow of saliva, and you need saliva to neutralize mouth acids and prevent tooth decay. Dental plaque is caused by the bacterium, Streptococcus mutans, which is counteracted to a large extent by the antibodies in your system. Your antibody level is increased with an improved immune system. Your immune system tends to lower its resistance level in the presence of repressed negativity, and there is a draining of your bodily energy needed to protect you against disorders. Many diseases occur when a lowered immune system allows microbes to develop and proliferate.
Some diseases are initiated right after upsetting events happen or you have a serious bout with depression, worry or loneliness. If you understand this, then you must also realize that the self-healing process is largely controlled by your brain -hence the effectiveness of the placebo. Just as harmful biochemical changes take place with negative emotions, beneficial changes take place when your thought atmosphere is positive. If you don't implant positive thoughts into the subconscious mind, it will draw upon whatever is being played for activation. By unconsciously prefacing your daily statements with "I'm afraid that " or "I'm worried that ", you are unintentionally programming your subconscious into an acceptance of unwarranted fear in your life.
In this exercise, read aloud to yourself the positive affirmations listed below, one at a time -- but read them at least 3 times each. Each time, imagine the meaning of the affirmation, and feel what you are affirming is possible in your life. If a particular statement is not applicable or acceptable to you, omit it. Create other statements more appropriate to your situation. Repeat especially appealing statements over and over mentally to yourself throughout the day. Feel them, and visualize them manifesting in your life.
Affirmations have a power to them, because they can change your thoughts and thereby change your reality. Since the root of mental and emotional blocks reside in your subconscious thoughts, affirmations are an excellent tool to help you change old mind tapes and programming. If you object to the idea of positive affirmations, that's a good signal you need some work in this area. In all cases, positive affirmations can help to bring about positive changes in your life. Also smile a lot, it's hard to be negative with a smile on your face.
1) I am now becoming more productive and efficient in everything that I do.
2) I have great purpose, and I am now exercising the unlimited possibilities available to me in the world.
3) I am freeing myself now of fear, worry and anxiety, and I am at peace with myself.
4) I greatly believe in myself and my abilities, and I am now progressing steadily.
5) I am learning and growing daily, and I now find value in each new experience that happens to me.
6) I am now directing total health for my entire being and all my bodily cells.
7) I am secure now with my home, my work, my family and those around me.
8) My attentiveness and observational abilities are now improving every day.
9) I am now achieving emotional stability and balance in my life.
10) With boldness and confidence, I am now taking action toward my goals.
11) I am now taking action toward developing myself every day.
12) My physical skills and abilities are now distinctly improving every day in every way.
13) I am now achieving my correct body weight, and I am consciously improving my posture every day.
14) I now love, forgive and accept myself as I am.
15) I am coping, adapting and responding now to changing situations with ease.
16) I am prosperous now in all things, and I always have everything I need from God's abundant universe.
17) I am progressing constantly now, and I accept full responsibility for everything that happens to me.
18) Every day in every way, I am now feeling better about myself and my daily accomplishments.
19) I am now very youthful, healthy, strong, enthusiastic, happy and full of confident energy.
20) I now feel warm and loving and accept everything I create in my life. Intensely repeat appealing statements over and over to yourself throughout your day, especially before drifting off to sleep and before climbing out of bed in the morning. Write a few affirmations down on a 3" X 5" card to read throughout your day. To have more immediate effect with special affirmations of particular importance, you can write some of them down in a notebook 1,000 times, and see how the changes manifest in your life. The more frequently you use any affirmations in your daily life, the more likely they will sink into your subconscious and take effect. So practice using positive affirmations often.
As an exercise for tomorrow, positively reinforce all your accomplishments, small or large, with a compliment immediately afterwards. To be in a good mood, read positively oriented material, watch positive TV shows, go to motivational seminars, be with positive people and say things to yourself and others in a positive way. Avoid any verbal criticism of yourself or others, because the negative atmosphere it creates can only hinder your progress. Even your unspoken thought atmosphere toward yourself & others should be kept positive and uncritical for optimal daily results in your life. By leading a positive lifestyle, you can look forward to some significant improvements in your life as well as increases in your overall energy level.
Was this article helpful?